1. The first step is to setup your conference (offline) and do an upload of the participant registration form on www' from the Internet tab.
When you make use of categories, you must create and upload them as well.
2. Now your conference is uploaded, you can setup your registration webpages online. Click the 'Start Administration Site' button from the Internet tab and login to the 'Eventure-online back-office'.
Before the helpdesk can do the import, you need to setup the Personal Data page.
Enable all the fields you're going to use (for example: Family name, Initials, Address etc.).
After the import of the participants you can still change the layout (colors, fonts) and swap fields.
3. After setting up your webpage the helpdesk will create and send you a template (in Excel).
4. Fill the template with participant data. If you don't use columns then you can just leave them blank (do not delete them).
The username and password can be created by the helpdesk. You can define them yourself too. Please make sure that the:
Username can't be more than 16 characters.
Password can't be more than 10 characters.
The examples for Gender, Country, Communication and Category Id in the second worksheet of the template, called 'allowedValues'.
TIP: Make some dummy participants for testing purposes as well for people who might not be on the list.
5. Send the template back to the helpdesk. They will import the data for you.
Creating URL's (External login with Welcome screen)
Now you can create URL's for each participant, so they only have to click the URL to confirm their registration.
The URL must contain 3 components:
- the full Conference Id (for example P97d34119-73b9-415c-a7f5-38df91789a54)
The conference ID can be found in the website URL on the Setup Participant registration page):
1. Create 3 extra columns in your Excel sheet, for example:
- URL Part 1
- URL Part 2
2. Paste the first part of the URL in 'URL Part 1' (use your conference Id as shown in the example above)
Select the first record in 'URL Part 1' and drag to select all the fields in the column. It wil copy 'URL Part 1' in the selected fields.
3. Paste the second part of the URL in 'URL Part 2':
Select the first record in 'URL Part 2' and drag to select all the fields in the column. It wil copy 'URL Part 2' in the selected fields.
4. The URL column is a formula to merge URL Part 1 + Username + URL Part 2 + Password.
Paste =HYPERLINK() in the URL column.
- Click 'URL Part 1' followed by an '&' sign;
- Click 'Username' followed by an '&' sign;
- Click 'URL Part 2' followed by an '&' sign;
- Click 'Password';
- Click the Checkmark to finish the formula;
Select the first record in the column 'URL' and drag to select all the fields in the column. It wil copy 'URL' in the selected fields.
The last step is sending the URL's to the participant