Click on sessions in the abstract module and the next screen will appear:
Click on New to insert the sessions.
- ‘Session No.’: Enter the sequence number of the session in this field. This sequence number defines the
position in the list of sessions in the ‘List Sessions’ screen.
- ‘Session Code’: Enter the code of the session that will be used during the congress in this field. This session code can be used for sorting according to code when printing out data, and similar actions
If you are going to use the ‘Session Code’ to sort the order in which lists are to be printed, it is important to remember that the sort takes into account the number of characters in the code. The codes with the least number of characters are always first in the list.
E.g. the code Z1 is always before the code A01, because Z1 only has two characters and A01 has three. After number of characters have been taken into account, the sort is done alphabetically.
- ‘Session Name’: Enter the name of the session in this field.
- ‘Session Date’: Enter the date on which the session will take place.
- ‘Conf. Room’: Select the conference room in which the session will take place using this drop down menu. Click here how to insert new conference rooms
- ‘Topic’: Use this drop down menu to indicate to which topic this session belongs.
- ‘Chair Person(s)’ and ‘Co-Chair Person(s)’: Under the labels ‘Chair Person(s)’ and ‘Co-Chair Person(s)’ there is space for a list of chair persons for this session. Clicking on ‘New Chair’ or ‘ New Co-Chair’ allows you to designate a person as the chair person.
- 'Time slots’: The times of the various slots of the session are displayed in the space under the label ‘Time slots’. By using the ‘New Time Slot’ and ‘Edit Time Slot’ button you can define and modify these slots. If you click on one of these buttons.
Fill the start time in the first entry field and the end time in the second entry field.
When you define more time slots, you can only attach one abstract per time slot. But when you define just one time slot, you can attach as many abstracts to it you wish.
E.g. The session contains ten abstracts with spoken presentations lasting no more than six minutes. You therefore define ten time slots of six minutes which follow on from each other.
If you have 10 abstracts with a poster presentation that you do not wish to allot more time than one hour, then define one time slot of an hour.
When you click on accept you will return to the sessions list: