The details pertaining to the abstracts are entered under ‘Abstracts’.
If you want your abstract text also be visible on the internet, for reviewing, scientific committee and scientific program, you have to add the abstract via the internet module.
Click on abstract and next screen will appear:
When you click on new, you can add the abstract data. See picture below:
The following elements are given in the ‘New Abstract Data’ screen:
- ‘Abstract no.’:
The abstract number (Abstract no.) is the sequence number allotted to the abstract to determine its position in the list given in the ‘List Abstracts’ screen. This number is automatically generated by Eventure.
This indicates the status level that the abstract has during its handling.
- ‘Abstract Code’:
This is an alternative code which can be given to an abstract, enabling the abstracts to be sorted according to a particular method, for example.
When you want to publish a proceedings of the congress, for example, you can allot codes which are related to the presentation type. You could give the first abstract of the ‘Oral Presentations’ the code O-001 and the code P-001 for the abstract of a ‘Poster Presentation’, for example. You can then sort the abstracts in presentation type groups according to these codes while making up the proceedings. It is important to remember that the sort takes into account the number of characters in the code. The codes with the least number of characters are always first in the list. E.g. the code Z1 is always before the code A01, because Z1 only has two characters and A01 has three. After number of characters have been taken into account, the sort is done alphabetically.
Enter the title of the abstract.
- 'New Abstract number’ button:
You use this button to enter an abstract into Eventure. It is given a new abstract number (abstract no.) and is displayed in the List Abstracts’ screen.
Select the appropriate topic for the abstract.
Enter the manner of communication to be used with the author of the abstract. The author has usually already indicated his/her preference.
- ‘Presentation Preference’:
Enter the author’s preference with respect to the type of presentation to be made.
- ‘Registration Date’:
This field is filled in automatically by Eventure and gives the date that the abstract was entered into Eventure.
- ‘Last Changed’:
This field is filled in automatically by Eventure and gives the date that the abstract was last modified in Eventure.
- ‘Main Author’: The name, organisation, city and country of the main author are displayed.
- ‘Presenter’: The same details, as given above for the main author, are displayed for the presenter. If the presenter is the same person as the main author, then no details are displayed for the presenter.
- ‘Contact address’: The same details, as given above for the main author, are displayed for the contact person for the abstract.
When you have inserted the abstract code and title, you can click on: New abstract number.
- ‘Presentation’: Select the type of presentation allotted to the presenter of the abstract.
- ‘Session’: Select in which session the presentation will be made.
- ‘Time’: Select the time slot when the presentation may be given.
- ‘Letter History’ button: Clicking on this button displays the letters related to the abstract that have been sent.
- ‘Info’ button: Clicking on this button opens a new screen, in which you can add additional information.
- ‘Abstract Text’ button: Clicking on this button opens a new screen, in which you can later on import the abstract text from the internet.
If you want to enter the author of the abstract, please click here for more information.