Sometimes you want to print a field for just a certain group of people. For example by using the category of the participants
Add a field
Add a field from the database, for example the ‘remarks’ field of a participant (=Particip.shremarks).
- Create a new field using the ‘Field tool’, the ‘Expression Builder’ screen will be opened.
Select at <All Tables> the Particip database. All the fields of the participant database will be shown.
- Search the field you want to use and double click on it. Or if you know the field name, you can type it in the bottom field.
Use the ‘alltrim’ code to take out all the space. So the content of the field will be: Alltrim(Particip.Shremark)
'Print when' option
Click with the right mouse button on the field where you want to use the print when option and choose ‘Print When’. For example you want different colored squares for the categories of participants.
- Type in the lower part of the screen the following text: Particip.Categor_Id=1
- Copy the field and paste it next to the first field
- Change the text of the new field into ‘Press’ and change the background for example to green.
- Also change the ‘Print when’ to Particip.Categor_Id=2.
- Move the field so it is on the same place as the red field participant field
- Make a copy of the ‘Press’ field and paste it next to the existing ‘Press’ field.
Change the text of the new field to ‘VIP’ and change the background colour to for example blue. Also change the ‘Print when’ to Particip.Categor_Id=3.
Move the field to the same place as the red participant and green press field.
- If you want to change something in one of the lower fields, select the top field and press ‘ctrl+b’. Now the top field will be placed to the bottom and the next field will be visible.
A print preview will look like this:
Click here to add a colour field in your badge.